Wearing Your Bra?
Bra Measurement-Bra Fitting Guide to help you fit your bra properly.
1. A Tight Band is a Right Band
- Wear your new bra on the loosest hook so as it stretches, you can make it tighter.
- More than 80% of the weight of the bust is carried buy the bad. The band therefore should fit snugly.
- The band should not ride up the back or stand away from your ribcage when you raise your arms.
- If you have a bigger cup size opt for bras with broad and sturdy bands/wings with three or more hooks.
- The band should lie flat against your chest bone.
2. Cups -Try the Scoop and Swoop
Some women have the habit of hooking on the band in the front and then turning it around all the way to their back. This is not only the most incorrect way of wearing a bra, but it damages the bra as well. It is only normal that you cannot pull a perfect fitting bra around your circumference without pulling and be stretching the fabric, damaging the band and the wire in the process.
Here is the how you should be wearing your bra.
- If the underwire stands away from your chest, the cups are also going to ride up and sit on your chest, in case you are wearing a loose fitting bra.
- The cups should properly encircle your breasts, without leaving any gaps and creating wrinkles.
- If the cups are small they will create unsightly bulges on the top and sides of the bra.
- If the cups are small the underwire will sit on your breasts and make you uncomfortable. So also if the cups are too big for you, of even if the style is not just right for you, the underwire will poke you under the arms.
- Even if the wire of your bra is too wide, they will stand away from your breasts without encircling them, and poke you under your arms.
3. Keep those Straps Happy
Tighten the straps every other month to make sure they’re snug and supportive.